Just a quick post to advise that I'm going to start making more use of our FHEMDotNet space over on Google Code, which to begin with means moving reference-type blog content over to the wiki at http://code.google.com/p/fhemdotnet/wiki/Index, and making this blog more about the development process. FHEM-specific content will be moved over to the FHEMWiki site, where it really belongs.
On the subject of the "development process", right now I've got five priorities,pretty much in the following order:
- Test-driven development - I want to adopt an extreme TDD approach on this project, to contrast with a much more relaxed testing strategy I use in my day job.
- MVC - To aid in making as much code testable as possible, this will be my first web project written in MVC
- Agile Methodology - I'm going to be adopting an agile methodology, so the aim is to release early and release often,
- Personal Use of the Software - I actually have a full FHT installation running my home heating, so obviously this software is catering for my own needs first!
- My First Open-Source Contribution - This will be my first open source project, so of course this will be the first time I offer my code up to public scrutiny.
The key features in the first few releases of the software have been confirmed, so I'm currently beavering away readying the first release to give minimal device visibility and configuration. More news as and when it's available!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!